Geotechnical Environmental Services Limited
Founded in 2003, Geotechnical Environmental Services Limited offer high quality geotechnical and environmental investigative techniques, with associated laboratory testing and consultancy services.
All geotechincal works and soil/rock descriptions are undertaken with due reference to British Standard BS5930:2015+A1:2020.
We operate throughout the island of Ireland, serving both the public and private sectors.
We offer a comprehensive geotechnical and geo-environmental desgin and consultancy service for all types of industrial, commercial and residential project, directed at achieving the most suitable and cost effective solutions.
Investigative techniques offered include:
- Trial pitting
- Windowless sampling
- Dynamic probing
- Cable percussive boring
- Continuous and hollow stem auger drilling
- Mud rotary dilling
- Tri-cone roller bit drilling
- Down the hole hammer (DTH) drilling
- Conventional and wireline rotary core drilling (T2 86, T2 101, HQ, HQ3 and Geobore S)
- Sonic drilling
Site based in-situ testing and monitoring services offered include:
- Standard penetration tests (SPTs)
- Dynamic probing (DPH and DPSH)
- Dynamic cone penetrometer tests (DCPs)
- Borehole and hand shear vane tests
- Soakaway tests
- Percolation tests
- Borehole permeability tests (constant/variable head and packer)
- Pumping tests
- Plate bearing tests
- Geophysical surveys
- Installation of gas and groundwater monitoring wells
- Monitoring for ground gases and volatiles through the use of gas meters and photo ionisation detectors (PIDs)
- Measurement of dense non-aqueous phase liquids (DNAPLs) and light non-aqueous phase liquids (LNAPLs) through the use of interface probes
- Measurement of groundwater parameters by means of multi-parameter probes.
We also offer geotechnical, geochemical and environmental laboratory testing through specialist sub-contracted laboratories.
All data obtained as part of our site works is presented in the form of PDF reports. Physical copies can also be provided. Where required, fieldwork and laboratory data can be presented in AGS format.